About This Project
BiographyMichael Muller is an American photographer known for his celebrity and advertising photos. He has photographed portraits of a wide range of actors, musicians, and artists, including Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Downey Jr., Shepard Fairey, Hugh Jackman, and Alec Baldwin. He has shot movie posters and promotional photos for many Hollywood movies, such as Iron Man and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Muller is also known for his up-close underwater shark photography, which has been featured on the Travel Channel and the NBC talk show Last Call With Carson Daly, as well as in magazines such as Entertainment Weekly.
Out of the Box
Michael Muller is often referred to as “The most successful photographer you’ve never heard of”. Closing in on three decades of shooting, Michael’s body of work crosses over every aspect of pop culture. From A-list actors and musicians to sports; to product advertising ranging from Nike, Range Rover, Oakley, Redbull, Four Seasons, Turkish Airlines, Kodak, and a growing list of other Fortune 500 companies.
Michael will also take a look at motion and its role in the world of photography, not only with advertisers but in fine art too. He’ll touch on his app, photoschool.com, and how tools such as this help artists adapt to the changing climate and culture. Lastly, Michael will talk on the importance of “giving back”.
Walk Away With
- How to think outside the box.
- That the rules they were taught or told can be smashed and you can do anything you set your mind to.
- To never give up, don’t quit before the miracle happens.
- How many amazing things there are to shoot within 5-10 miles of wherever you live on this planet.
- Ways of shooting using things that cost under $30 – to create imagery that looks like it was shot with $1000’s in equipment.
- How to remain humble after reaching your goals.
Humans that want to create and document our planet.