Gear 360 is Samsung’s first 360-degree camera that empowers you to unleash your inner filmmaker. With a simple press of a button, you can capture the world around you, from every angle, all at once. Share your experiences instantly via social applications like Samsung VR, Facebook and YouTube or fully immerse yourself in the memories you’ve created by snapping the phone into the Samsung Gear VR.
In this half-day workshop, you will get hands-on time with Gear 360 before it hits the market. Join us as we cover basic principles and best practices for filming in 360, how to use the Gear 360 and how to navigate the 360 capture, stitching/editing and publishing workflow. Bring your laptop and curiosity!
Monday, September 26, 2016
9:30 AM to 2:00 PM (MDT), Lunch provided.
At the Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel
110 9th Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 5A6
All creators welcome – Web Developers, Game Developers, Designers, Filmmakers, Photographers, Artists, VR Enthusiasts, and everyone in between.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Students should have a general knowledge of VR and 360 video. No technical knowledge required.
Things You’ll Learn
- Basic 360 video principles and terminology.
- General information about the Samsung Gear 360 and how to use it.
- Tips, tricks and best practices for creating a compelling 360 narrative.
- Stitching and editing 360 videos.
- Publishing 360 videos to social applications.
Samsung will lend Gear 360 cameras, Samsung Galaxy devices, and additional accessories necessary for completing the workshop.
Students are expected to bring the following:
- Personal laptop: Windows 7+ (recommended) or Mac OS X with virtual machine running Windows 7+
- Samsung Galaxy S6 and above (optional)
Students will need to download and install following software. Students will receive a license to use the software on the day of the workshop:
- Gear 360 ActionDirector (http://bit.ly/2aAHmx9)